Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 334-Monday Mosaic Blog




My family and I have been having a "brilliant" time in London-so much that I did not get time to blog the last two Mondays. I would highly recommend a holiday here it is lovely!
We did see many sites that had mosaics but they would not allow picture taking. The National Museum and St Paul Cathedral to name a few. The Mosaics at St Paul Cathedral were amazing! I did take a few pictures of other mosaics. Here is one from our boat cruise through the canals. The picture of course does not do it justice since it is very sparkly from the mirror that was used.
.
Here are some pictures of Emma Biggs Mosaics in the Canary Wharf area it was so nice to see them in person-If you read about them on her site she explains her process-which I would like to try sometime. There were 13 different squares that were along the walk. This is one of the mosaics that I loved. The other ones were in a passage way near the Jubilee Mall.


Her mosaics are very inspiring-tried to get into a workshop with her but for some reason she never responded-oh well.

I'm looking forward to getting back home and into my studio now that I'm done with some of my big projects and filled with ideas from all our travels.

Plan for the week (back to work again-ha)

  • Tuesday-Wednesday-Still in London and traveling home
  • Thursday-Sleep and laundry
  • Friday-Get back to studio and figure what to work on next
  • Saturday-Opening event at the hospital where commission piece is located.
  • Sunday-Monday-Hopefully start adhering , drawing and blogging!

Instead of a quote for the week I'm putting down a book for the week (I've been enjoying reading this during our stay here)

"The Razor's Edge" by W Somerset Maugham

No comments:

Post a Comment