Friday, October 1, 2010

October Mosaic Blog

September came and went quickly. With school starting and more of a schedule in our lives I thought I would be in my studio more often (not the case). It's amazing how we can fill up our days and try to find time to work in our studios. I am one of those people that like things picked up and taken care of before I work. I am more relaxed in the studio when I know I've exercised, showered, decide what's for dinner and have the chores done (which sometimes is not until noon). So with this frame of mind I have only been able to work a few hours a day. I'm not one to work at night because I like to hang with my family/cook etc. Our kids are only around a short time and I found I do cherish that time.




With all this in mind I have not finished my latest mosaic it is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. It has been challenging working with Smalti. I have ran out of different colors so I had to reorder a few times this month. One of my colors are out of stock right now, so I changed some of my colors around. Another challenge with the Mexican Smalti is that they are all different shapes and sizes. My design has a lot of squares/rectangles that need to be the same size. I have had to do a lot of marking with a Sharpie and then cutting with my wheeled nippers. I also have found that I don't use the hammer and hardie much, I find it easier to use my nippers.



Mosaic/Art Plan for the month
Finish "Musical Meditation"
Prioritize my studio time more.
Volunteer at community Art Harvest Festival
Try to finish Bar/Counter project I started last February.
Quote for the month
"It's quite possible to leave your home for walk in the early morning air and return a different person-beguiled, enchanted." -Mary Ellen Chase


No comments:

Post a Comment