Monday, April 1, 2013

Another goal met!  I finished "Bloom and Grow"  just in time for the Minnesota Mosaic Guild Show.  This took about 85 hours to finish.  I am happy with the colors, texture and energy of the piece.  This is 24" x 36" on birchwood.  Along with all the different materials (stained glass, beads, buttons, vitreous glass, karma tile,glass rods,and a metal charm)I incorportated a homemade tile with a "D" and a butterfly, which I like to add to most of my pieces.   After its stay at the Hopkins Center for the Arts it will be making its final destination to my brother and sister-in law's home.  I am excited to have them see it in person and for them to hang it on their wall. What a fun project!
 
 
My next project will be for the SAMA Salon show in Tacoma Washington.  I need to finish it by next Monday since I am heading the SAMA on Tuesday, nothing like last minute again.  This is a 12 x 12 since it had to be within a certain size for the show.  This is called "Moon Garden" and will have a dark blue background made from Cinca Tile and I will be incorporating MANY white "moons" in the background falling to the bottom of the "garden".  I want this to have an elegant feel to it.  I like how it is looking so far.  The "moons"  will be many materials-beads, buttons, pearls, karma tile, stained glass and other various tiles.  I bordered the piece with ceramic 1/4" x 1" tiles that I like to get from  my favorite online store Wits End.


Goals for the month
-Finish "Moon Garden"
-Attend SAMA.  I will be helping with a community project, going to workshops, lectures, tours and lots of networking!
-Attend my first Buffalo Art Guild Board meeting and taking the minutes.
-Start my next project.

Quote of the month
"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.  And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost."     -Martha Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment