Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Mosaic Blog-Day 292

I'm back in the studio after being pulled away for about 4 days with getting things put together for our daughter's graduation and graduation party, also entertaining family. It was so much fun and we are very proud of her!!!




I'm excited to get the three large flowers done with so I can now concentrate on the background of my project for the hospital. I like how it's looking so far, I'm still trying to balance the colors so it's not too dark in some places or too much of one color other places. I'm using a lot of different materials and andemento. I'm thinking of doing the "grass" area with blocks of green materials and the background around the large flowers more flowing with larger pieces. Also I am going to be putting letters making the words of the title "Sweet Child of Ours" in the piece. I've never done that before and think it would be a nice touch.





I'm thinking it would be great to get the piece done by next Monday so then I can grout it next week!! (Ahead of schedule!)

Plan for the week

Everyday work on the piece with Sunday off hopefully with have it finished by next Monday!

Quote for the week
"There are no miracles to the man/woman who does not believe in them."
-French Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment