Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Monthly Mosaic Blog

With the warm weather it is harder to get into my studio as often. I do enjoy getting outside as much as I can. Also I have been working on getting a few things ready for our youngest who is graduating next week! What a change this next year will bring, I'll miss her heading to college but maybe more time to get into the studio :) Creatively I feel like I have been in a rut, and I have been wondering why I'm working with such a laboreous medium, it takes forever to finish a piece. But...then I get back into my studio put on my nice music and find my meditative groove and remember why I love this chanllenging art.

I did finish the dragonfly in time for the crisis nursery auction. This was for a silent auction donation and I know the people who bid on it. Sounds like they were excited to win it!

I would like to continue to make a few items a year for fundraisers I believe in. I still think it would be fun to mosaic a guitar for some event.




I just finished a piece today. I love blue and green so I thought I would make a small mosaic just playing around with the colors and textures. I still need to grout it. I'm probably going to wait a week or so since I layered the glass and charms with just weldbond. I would hate for them to come loose when it comes time to grouting.






Not really sure what I want to work on next, I always have way too many ideas and have a hard time figuring out which one I would like to do. I did get time to play around with a few sketches today. I never started the egyptian vessel, it just wasn't calling to me yet.


Plan for the month


Grout "Nature's pattern"


Paint quote on studio wall


Play around with my watercolor pencils


Make a couple small pieces for the Edina Mosaic Show


Decide what pieces to put in the Edina Show


Get ready for MMG meeting-I'm showing some pictures from the Austin Mosaic Tour.


Quote of the month


"He who knows others is wise; he who knows himself is enlightened." -Lao-tzu


No comments:

Post a Comment