Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 173



Monday Mosaic Blog


February 15, 2010




I have started a new project to have something to work on in between trying to come up with a design for my dad and stepmom's bathroom.


This project is something totally different than what I have done in the past. I've been wanting to try out an abstract with black cinca tile in the background. So far I'm not sure if I like it or not. I'm just experimenting with the process. I'm using up some Wediboard that I've had. I love how lightweight the Wedi board is but I don't like the surface being "bumpy" instead of flat like MDF board. I do have some samples from di MOSAICO of Paper Laminate and Fiberelam which I would like to try at some point.


I've been spending quite a bit of time trying to come up with a design for the bathroom. Here are some of my sketches along with the glass colors I'm thinking of. I'm leaning more towards an Asian theme, since my stepmom would like something more "Zen".
The 2nd picture I'm still playing around with different background colors that is why there are two different colors.
I'm going to email these pictures today to see if I'm on the right track for the look that they want.
Mosaic plan for this week
Tonight-Art Guild Meeting
Tuesday-Smalti class
Wednesday-work on "squares" project
Thursday-Organize Studio/ try to finish "squares"
Friday-No mosaics, it's an errand day
Saturday/Sunday-work on counter since I'll be on location
Quote of the week
"We are our own dark continent, we are our own savage frontier. Many marvels await discovery as we continue on the path to authenticity." -Alice Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment