Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Mosaic Blog-Day 236


Well my plan for the week did not work out as planned, since we only have one week left of our smalti class , I ended up bringing home my bleeding hearts to work on-I ran out of a few reds that I need so I started on the background. Connie suggested a dark blue background and I do like how it is looking so far against the light pink flowers.
I have been wanting to start my small peacock feather piece. I love working with the bright colors-I just started laying tesserae down today and I'm thinking of using tesserae that I already have that would work for the color scheme. So I have decided to use vitreous, crystalline and karma tiles.
I still have not been settled with the design for the bathroom piece-I don't know why I am having such a difficult time with it-I did find something I liked and may use this idea from a Van Gogh painting-sorry about the fuzzy picture. I think it has been a color issue and I do like the colors in this painting
Also another thing to add to my list (not sure if I will or not) is our local hospital is wanting to buy some art from local artists. They want it to be a 30"wide x 12" high piece. The theme is nature/landscape. Jurors from out area will decide which piece they will choose. I did cut out a piece of birch plywood and sealed it to have it ready if I do decide on adding this to my list. The only thing is that there is a deadline of May 7th! One of my thoughts is to do a Klimt landscape after his "Farm Garden" piece. I love the colors of all the flowers and the variety of greens in the background. I'll see how it goes this week sketching something up.
Plan for the week
Monday night-Art Guild meeting
Tuesday-Last smalti class (I'm going to miss those gals!)
Wednesday-work on peacock feather, sketch for hospital piece
Thursday-work on the counter (I would love to get a lot of this done)
Friday-peacock feather/plan colors and tesserae for hospital piece
Saturday-work on peacock feather
Sunday-day off
Monday-finish peacock feather? (I am crazy,ha)


Quote for the week
"Gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you."
- Eileen Caddy





No comments:

Post a Comment