Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Mosaic Blog-Day 222



I feel like it has been awhile since I have been able to really focus my time in the studio. With my time at SAMA and having my girls home for Spring Break life has not been very structured the last few weeks (which is nice to take a break now and then). Today was nice to get back to the swing of things. I was able to get out in the studio for about 3 hours. I started working on the side border of my Zen project, it looks a bit messy right now. I'm trying to utilize some of the glass tile from thier border in thier bathroom. I'm also using Mexican Smalti.






I also wanted to give my neck a break from looking down and start sketching a mosaic idea for a smaller project. This idea came from the beautiful carpets at the Palmer House Hilton at the SAMA convention. I'm not sure what I'll do with the background (dark or light). This will probably be a 9 x 12 or 10 x 17. I bought some predone mosaic frames from Matteo Randi and it would be nice to use one. I love the bright colors and the flow of the piece-this will be fun to do!




I found a little time to fit in to work on the counter/bar. I only have two sections left! It's all crazy paving in those areas though and I find that takes a lot of time to do. I would really like to set a goal to get this done by the end of April , grout and all!





Plan for the week

Tuesday-Smalti class

Wednesday-Finish the side border of Zen piece and lay out peacock feather sketch onto the substrate.

Thursday-Work on counter/bar

Friday-Work on counter/bar, may have local mosaic group get together at night

Saturday-Organize notes from SAMA

Sunday-Day off

Monday-Zen project start other border, start peacock feather design


Quote of the week

"The most perfect guide is nature. Continue without fail to draw something everyday."

-Irving Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment