Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Monthly Mosaic Blog

First off, yesterday I spent my morning grouting. I have had three smaller mosaics sitting in my studio. So...thought I should finally get to them. I have had fun with the IKEA frames and these are three more that I have finished.


The first one is called "morning cup" I have been wanting to do a larger version of this one so thought it would be nice to start small and get a feel for colors.
The 2nd one is called "fairy tale" mirror. I love swirls and so this one I had a lot of fun with. I happened to open up a drawer of colors I don't use a lot (pinks and purples) and thought it would be nice to have a change of colors. This would be cute in a little girls room.


The 3rd one is "Tori gate" mirror. I had fun using more of a analogous color theme, this is my favorite way to do mosaics lately, with the rectangles and squares.



Besides finishing these I started an 8 x8 which I will post next month. It is for our mosaic guild meeting. Each member was asked to bring an 8 x 8 to display when we have group shows. Its nice to do since it gives a sample of our work.



Next projects are a triptych for the Hospital. I was thrilled to be asked to do another comission for Allina and have been busy sketching many different water scenes for the project. It will be a challenge as always but not due until June.


Another mosaic I would like to make is for the CMA competition. It has to be a music theme, I may do a scene with my piano in it or one based off of a picture I took at the MacPhail center for music.


Next month I may not be blogging since I will be soaking up some sun on vacation! I plan on bringing my camera and playing around with different shots. I also will be doing a lot of drawing-looking forward to filling up my sketchpad more!


Goals for the next two months

-Get started on Hospital mosaic

-Sketch a music themed mosaic and get started on that

-attend the MMG meeting

-Finish my 8 x 8

-Finish my last small IKEA mirror

-Figure out how to do a website inexpensively

-sketching like crazy


Quote for the month

"There are only two ways to live your life.

One is as though nothing is a miracle.

The other is as if everything is a miracle."

-Albert Einstein

Look for my next blog on April 1st!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, I have been blogging over 2-1/2 years and it helps keep me focused along with sharing my insight and thoughts to others. As artists we all need to keep each other inspired!

    ReplyDelete