Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 145


Monday Mosaic Blog

January 18, 2010


I did get a lot accomplished this week.


I finished grouting my "Musical Welcome" sign and I do like the black grout.

I hung it by the door going into my studio space and it seems to look very nice there.



I did start working on my installation piece for the counter/bar area. I'll post pictures next Monday as I forgot my camera. I spent about 7 hours this week on it. I got a feel how the colors will look and started adhering. I decided to use Weldbond instead of thinset. I just thought it would be less of a mess to deal with and it is indoors.


I also spent quite a bit of time cleaning and organizing my workspace-I've made quite a mess and have not cleaned up after the last two projects-It's amazing where the glass pieces can get and how far they travel!


Plan for this week

Tuesday- mosaic smalti class

Wednesday-Start planning next project. I may start one for the SAMA Salon-but I need to finish by Feb. 1st or my stepmom would like my to make a mosaic for their bathroom that they just finished.

Thursday and Friday-Work on installation piece.

Saturday-Work on new piece and get ready for my mosaic group that are coming Sunday

Sunday-12-5:00 Mosaic Group


Quote of the Week

"Work is love made visible" - Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment