Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 152





January 25th, 2010







Monday mosaic Blog















This has been a busy week for mosaics.


I was able to get about 5 hours working time on the counter/bar project. So far I have spent 11 hours on it with planning, laying, cutting and adhering.


I am a bit frustrated with a few of the tile colors-I can't find a glossy brown tile that I need. I wanted to have all the same brand tiles to make it easier so I do not have any height differences. This brand of tile does not have a glossy brown only a matt color.


I am going to look around to find one that is the same thickness.


I do like the layout still. Hopefully it's not too dramatic for the area it will be in.


I have been cutting the tiles on a self healing quilting matt. I love how I can measure out my sizes with the measuring graph printed right on the matt and how nice it is to cut on.


It was nice to start working on a new project-I am going to try and have it done for the deadline to bring to SAMA for the Saturday Salon. It is a 14 x 14" square on MDF board. I spent time today working on the border and the Sunflower in the corner. I am still not sure what I am going to do in a few areas-The colors are more of a gray palette of yellow, blues and greens.







Plan for the week
Tuesday-Smalti class
Wednesday-Work on new mosaic (finish birch tree area)
Thursday-work on counter/bar mosaic
Friday-work on Salon mosaic in the morning
Saturday/Sunday-Try to finish new piece.


Quote of the week
"Let us spend one day as deliberate as Nature, and not be thrown off of the track by every nutshell and mosquito's wing that falls on the rails." -H.D. Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment