Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Mosaic Blog-Day 264

I found out a few days ago that "summer symphony" was accepted to be one of the pieces that was chosen for the hospital! Very exciting! Sounds like after seeing my work they definitely want me to do a piece for a stairway at the hospital. I'll find out soon how large and what theme, colors, design they are looking for. I'll have to go through with a sketch and submission process first. All in all I am very excited but a little nervous also.



In the meantime I have been working on my small peacock feather project. I love all the bright colors. I have done needlepoint in the past and thought I would try to use some of the pattern techniques I've learned from that with the glass. I'm using materials I already have-vitreous glass, karma tile, colorfusion tile and a marble. This piece was inspired from the carpeting at the Palmer House Hotel in Chicago where SAMA was held this year.


I finally ordered my tile I won at the raffle held at SAMA from Mosaic tile. I won 195.00 worth of tile. It is mostly vitreous tile along with some colorfusion tiles. It's always nice to get some free materials! I'll probably have my girls help this summer getting the paper backing off and organizing them.
Plan for the week
Tuesday-Smalti class
Wednesday-work on the background of the peacock feather
Thursday-work on counter project (I'm getting very close to being done and I'll post pictures next monday)
Friday-Finish adhering the peacock feather
Saturday-Grout
Sunday-Day off (I need to wash windows!)
Monday-Start sketching for the hospital project.
Quote for the week
"Excude happiness and you will feel it back a thousand times." -Joan Lunden

No comments:

Post a Comment