Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Mosaic Blog


The peacock feather project was put on hold this weekend. I'm finding it hard to get into the studio these past few days since we have had some summer like weather. I love being outside when it's nice out. I was trying to get this done before Thursday or Friday this week since I wanted this to be one of my pieces for a mosaic show in June . Nothing like waiting until the last minute.







I have a few smaller pieces that I have had hanging in my studio to put in the show, here's the few I'm thinking of. The MMG show kind of snuck up on me to have a bigger piece ready. We have so many wonderful mosaic artists in the mosaic guild that will fill the show with beautiful artwork-it will be a nice event for our group!






I finally ordered my gryphon saw-It will be so fun to use. I first saw it at the SAMA show and was able to try it out there. It's easy to use and clean. I still need to set it up I just took it out of the box today. I'll be able to cut all sorts of shapes in glass and ceramic it will be fun to play around with it this summer.





Plan for the week

Tuesday-smalti class -hopefully will finish my bleeding heart project
Wednesday-finish adhering peacock feather
Thursday-grout peacock feather
Friday-Monday-hang out with family and friends since it is memorial weekend and my daughters birthday


Quote for the week

"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it."

-Lena Horne


No comments:

Post a Comment