Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 84






Wednesday , November 18th, 2009


Today I worked on my picture frame for a few hours-it has been fun to do a small project. I've decided to start marking down my time I work on each project. This was suggested at one of our mosaic guild meetings. It will definitely help when figuring out how much time it takes to do certain projects.




I also finally received the frame for a counter/bar mosaic I am doing-I had it custom made to fit in a window area. So....the fireplace is on the back burner as I start to plan out what design and tesserae to use for the counter. This will probably be the biggest challenge I have had. The counter is 8 feet 7 inches long and 23" deep at the widest part. I also need to make sure that the top is flat. Here are pictures of the metal frame and one of the designs I came up with so far.



Quote of the day

"Before I tell my life what I want to do with it, I must listen to my life telling me who I am." -Let your Life Speak

Song of the day

10,000 miles by Mary Chapin Carpenter (I like her style of storytelling)

No comments:

Post a Comment