Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Mosaic Blog-Day 215

Well it is back to mosaics! I have had some days off with visiting family which was very enjoyable, always nice to connect with relatives. Also starting to do the college tours-I can't believe I have kids old enough to go to college soon-I think that when it starts to hit you how fast the years can really go.


I actually started adhering my Zen piece after a lot of decisions I thought I would start on the side borders, which represent a Japanese screen. I am using leftover glass tiles from thier bathroom , brown and dark red Mexican Smalti and small pieces of shell. I highly suggest to see the space when considering a commission piece. You definitely get more of a sense of the space and feel of the piece-I also took more pictures of the area it will go in. Now I'm excited to get going on it!


Today I also finished my grouting my "Winter moon" piece-It turned out so nice-I was not planning on grouting but thought it would look nicer with grout. I'd like to start another small piece, possibly a peacock feather with inspiration from the Plaza Hotel in Chicago. They had the most beautiful carpeting in the hallways with colorful peacock feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment