Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Mosaic Blog

Day 187
Another busy week with mosaics, including a lot of decisions. I finally came up with a quick sketch to send to Martin Cheek. I am taking a Glass fusion workshop with him at SAMA and he needed to know what size substrate and what we wanted to make. I was not sure what I wanted to do so I thought since we are using fused glass it would be fun to do a tropical fish. Here is my "quick" sketch of it. I think I am going to change the fish to be more whimsical and the weeds to be more circular and flowing.
I started my "commission" piece for the Zen bathroom project.
I did not adhere any pieces yet since I am still deciding on colors, andemento and tesserae.
Hopefully by Wednesday I'll get going on it.
This is my Smalti piece I am making in the Tuesday Smalti class with Connie Cohen. It is still slow going. I do like working with Smalti but like any new thing it is taking some getting used to. I find that cutting the smalti with the wheeled nippers is working just fine. We are starting another 8 week session-I assume I will have it done by then??? The different sections are where different values of the smalti go-As Connie says "it's like painting by numbers"




PLAN FOR THE WEEK
Tuesday-Smalti class (and John Mayer concert at night!)
Wednesday-Work on Bamboo Zen Project and redesign fish
Thursday-Work on Counter installation
Friday-Work on counter in the morning
Saturday-Pick out what I want to bring for the tesserae exchange for SAMA and what tesserae I want to bring to add to my tropical fish
Sunday-day off


Quote for the week
"This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do, and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy."
-S.P. Schultz







2 comments:

  1. Love the fish sketch! That will be a fun project to do. Great to see all the different projects that you have going. Wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, Thanks for the great workshop time last Sunday. I really enjoyed it and am inspired by your work. Finishing my piece before your next studio time is on my list of things to do!
    xoxo Dawn

    ReplyDelete