Monday, October 12, 2009

day 47



Day 47 of my mosaic year


October 12, 2009




We woke up to a winter wonderland this morning! The snow was so pretty (even though it's quite early for snow). There certainly is a calmness to a nice gentle snowfall, it makes you feel cozy and protected.




Today I was in the kitchen most of the morning, we have a get together tonight that I had to make appetizers for. Soooo, I did not get as much time as I would like to mosaic. I did have a little time to start planning and adhering some things for the next project. I did find some interesting beads and metal tokens to add here and there. I like how it is coming along so far. I figured out the border and the corners. Things are not all glued yet but I like to place the tesserae out where I am thinking to see if I like the feel and look of it before adhering.




Quote of the day (It's from the Artist Spotlight on CMA, I just loved the interview)


"I think that creativity needs moments of suffering, that only the maceration of the seeds brings new life, that happy days are always the same from that you can not grow much. There's no tension,spasm; everything is easy, simple, normal. The spark of new needs thunderstorms and lighting to rip the darkness." -Giulio Menossi

No comments:

Post a Comment