Monday, October 5, 2009


Day 40 of my year of mosaics!


October 5th, 2009


Mondays are always good "workdays" for me since my daughters are in high school and they both have after school things going on til 4:30.


Sooo...today after my walk and normal routine I finally got out to the studio after not getting to work since last Thursday.

Today I continued working on my daughter's Fleur-di-lis piece. It is fun working with the pink colors since I have never worked with pink before. It is hard to find the right shade of pink though. I am using beads, mirror, stained glass and marbles. I can't wait to grout these pieces because I have some cute additions to adhere after they are grouted.
One of my favorite "tools" that I have been using on this piece is a toothpick! It really helps to move the little pieces around before they dry.
Quote of the day (It's a long one)
"This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do, and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be part of nature. Take the power to control your own life, no one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy." -S.P. Schultz



No comments:

Post a Comment