Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 35



Day 35


September 30th





Finally back at blogging again!


I have been working on my daughters mosaic for her room.


It will consist of 3 8x8's on Wedi board. The common design on each is the fleur-di-lis symbol because she just went to France for 3 weeks this summer and fell in love with France and anything to do with the country.





I'm pulling colors from her room and trying some background techniques that I have been wanting to try out. In the picture you can see the first one is almost done (I still need to grout and add some "bling" dots after grouting). The other two are in the works. The diamonds were a bit of a challenge. I had to make sure I had the right size to give it the balance. It was difficult to cut around the fleur di-lis symbol. I marked where I need to cut then used a glass cutter and running pliers along with wheeled nippers. I did get better as I progressed but it was very time consuming. All in all it turned out okay.
I am looking forward to working on the next 8 x 8!

Quote of the day
"Come forth into the light of things. Let nature be your teacher."


No comments:

Post a Comment