Sunday, August 30, 2009


Day 10 (I was not able to blog the last two days)

August 30th, 2009


I was finally able to get back to working and I had about 3 hours of time to dedicate to mosaics today! I finished the main flower and now focusing on the andemento. I decided to use Opus Vermiculatum because of how this technique brings a sense of movement to a piece. I did not want to use the same blue for the whole background and so I thought to use different shades intermixed with the darkest being towards the right corner then I'll go lighter from there. I think this will be successful?


I really am trying to work on getting this finished within the next few days (we'll see) I would really like to stick to my goal on a mosaic a month.


I'm finding that we definetly need to have patience with each piece and look at it as growing and learning with each one. So before we start drawing a new design, laying tessarae down, deciding on color, deciding on what tiles, and grouting we just need to take a deep breath and enjoy the process!


Song of the day (I heard it on cities 97 in the car today)

"Have a little faith in me" by John Hiatt


Quote of the day

"If you hear a voice telling you that you cannot paint, then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -Vincent Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment