Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 7

August 27, 2009


I read in "Simple Abundance" today about Meditative Handiwork and how important it is to make sure we "carve" out time in our days to use our hands to create (ecspecially women). It is a way to calm our minds when we do take the time to do something meditative with our hands. I know that mosaics fits right into that thought.
(view of sunset last night from our deck)
Maybe that is why so many of us enjoy it, it is so fun to be in the "zone".


I did not do much today for mosaics, I had several commitments with my daughters today. I did have time to stop at Michaels and pick up some beads for my next mosaic and for future mosaics. Beads add that extra texture and shine to some projects.


I am seriously thinking of buying an old guitar and mosaicing on it. I've seen some outstanding mosaic work using a guitar as a substrate. It would be a nice item to donate. Some gals at the ladies night mentioned to look on ebay-I'll have to give that a try.


Hopefully we can all find time tomorrow to do some meditative handiwork.


Song of the day (I heard it on our local "cities 97" station today and love it)
"Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel


Quote of the day
"when our hands are busy, our minds can rest"
-Sarah Ban Breathnach

No comments:

Post a Comment