Saturday, August 22, 2009


Day 2

Saturday, August 22nd, 2009

I'm so excited about this new endeaver to journal/blog for the next year!

I have a feeling this will be the boost I need for the rut I have been in artistically. What I am

hoping is that who ever reads this blog with learn and grow with me. So...enjoy the journey.


Today I worked in my studio for a few hours in the morning. I am so thankful to have a

place to call my own. It's such a calming, happy space. We finished it a year ago. It's so important to make a space for your own.


Anyways....on to work. I have two words GLASS GRINDER!! I just purchased one last week and finally got around to putting it to use today and I absolutely love it! Thanks for the info to getting one, Janine and Barb. The grinder really helped me to make the leaves out of the stained glass just the way I want them.
Today I finished the white flowers that was my goal and they turned out great!
This is a partial picture of my current mosaic I am working on and it is on wedi board,
the idea came from a fabric swatch I liked. This will be going in a master bathroom with an
oriental theme. I am still struggling with what kind of andemento for the background, I am thinking a grey blue cinca tile.
I love to have classical music on in the morning so I thought it would be nice to share one of the songs I enjoyed today.
Debussy: Claire de lune - Suite bergamasque
Quote of the day
"Drawing, like food, drink and sleep, puts strength back into a man."





No comments:

Post a Comment