Monday, August 24, 2009



Day 4


August 24, 2009





What is it about mosaics that draws so many of us to this medium? Is it the texture? The meditative movement of nipping and adhering? The unbeleivable amount of colors that surround us? etc... Whatever it is I am becoming addicted to the art form. I even dream of designs and colors and sometimes (like last night) I can't sleep because my mind keeps thinking of new ideas and trying to figure out how to apply that to mosaics.





I'm sure most of you go through the same wonderful experience and isn't it fun!!





Today I was able to get more done within the hour and a half then I thought I would. I like how the flowers are coming together, also I like the colors and how well they are working together.
I had a little oops happen when I was cleaning up glass bits around the mosaic (with a vacuum-why I was using this I don't know) and I sucked up one of my leaves that was not glued down-so I had to make a new one-it was kind of funny.


For the background I hope I can come up with how I want the andemento to flow. You can sort of see that I started an idea with a blue-grey cinca tile. I'm cutting the squares into 4 long lines to follow around the flowers. I hope this will work okay. I'm thinking of also mixing in some karma and sunshine tiles to add interest.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow-I'm going to my ladies night. A group of us get together to bring in our current project to discuss and ask questions, it's a wonderful way to share what each of us is doing. Also it's nice to work along side other people when this can be such a solitary art.

My song of the day was one that MPR had on this afternoon

Farewell to Strommes by David Russell (I love acoustic guitar music!)

Quote of the day (I have this on my bulletin board)

"Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it." -Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment